Tips for Cleaning and Repairing Gutters
Cleaning your gutters is one of those jobs that is easy to put off, but the longer you wait, the harder it will be when you finally get around to it. Worse yet, if you let your gutters get out of hand, they can damage your roof, exposing your house to leaks. Clogged gutters can cause the following issues:
- Blocked gutters will retain moisture, which can cause corrosion to your roof.
- A functional gutter system is needed for proper drainage for your roof. Without it your property is at risk for water damage.
- Dirty gutters can lead to blocked downpipes and storm pipes, which will be even more difficult to clean.
- Mess gutters can be a home for a number of pests you will want to keep away from your home.
- Gutters full of debris can be a major fire hazard in the hot summer.
We have put together a few articles that will help you clean your gutters safely and protect your roof from any damage.
Cleaning and Repairing Gutter Tips
There are just a few steps to follow in order to maintain gutters yourself. My first recommendation is to climb a ladder and clean the goop out of the gutters. The decomposed leaves make great mulch or compost. Pay particular attention to the downspout.
How to Clean Rain Gutters and Downspouts
Cleaning gutters is an easy job to put off, but the longer you wait the worse it can get. Thoroughly cleaning your gutters every spring and fall will help keep them working like they’re supposed to. Debris can build up and cause damage to your downspouts and cause water damage to your roof.
19 Quick Tips for Cleaning Your Gutters
Whether you do it yourself or hire a pro, cleaning gutters is a critical task that can prevent future water damage. Don’t Ignore Your Gutters While it’s a job many of us would love to ignore, gutter cleaning is an important twice-a-year ritual all homeowners need to adopt.